New Nomination Policies-Please Review
To ensure we are funding children whose families are in need we have changed the criteria for funding. (See application below)
Nominations can be submitted anytime.
We fund once per quarter on the following schedule for 2019, please plan & apply accordingly for program deadlines:
- January 1st
- April 1st
- July 1st
- October 1st
Each case is different and these procedures are subject to change.
- Once your nomination is received our board will review it to determine eligibility on the next scheduled funding date (see schedule above).
- The guardian will be contacted to confirm program.
- Agreements and Waivers must be signed prior to receiving funding. Available here: https://grantawishco.org/agreement/
- Once child is approved we will contact the organization with funding.
Frequently asked questions :
- Funding is based on funds availability.
- Children that have qualified in the past are NOT automatically qualified nor are their siblings.
- Scholarship amounts are determined on a family by family basis.
- We fund programs that provide positive peers and role models, one on one programs or lessons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- If a child is approved we will review of attendance & participation before reviewing for further funding.
- Each child can be nominated once a year, beginning from the the date we receive their nomination.
- Each program has a different cost associated with it, it is up to the family to find the best program for their child including; location, dates & times, as well as how to fund the program once the scholarship amount has been used (plan ahead accordingly). We can offer options and suggestions of organizations we work with when needed.
- Some Camps are NOT fundable. Only camps that offer further education in an environment with positive peers and role models for a program will be considered, for example: basketball camp, mash camp, music camp.
- We are not associated or affiliated with any of the programs we fund, nor do we have any authority over other agencies or entities.